This is an analysis of the poem A Blizzard Roars Behind... that begins with:
A blizzard roars behind my window,
Throws snow on my hut....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXa bcbc dXda X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,1,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 010101110 11111 111110100 0010111 01111010 1011111 01101010 1010011 101011001 1010011 010111011 1011011 0101110100101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 115
- Average number of words per stanza: 21
- Amount of lines: 13
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Blizzard Roars Behind...;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.