This is an analysis of the poem When April Comes! that begins with:
When April comes with softly shining eyes,
And daffodils bound in her wind-blown hair,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abaabA babbaA cXccXA
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1101010101 1101100111 1101110101 11001011101 0100110101 1101 1101010111 11010010101 1101010101 0100010101 1100010101 1101 1101011111 0101100111 1001110111 0101010111 0001110101 1101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 239
- Average number of words per stanza: 44
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word when is repeated.
The author used the same word when at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word comes at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of When April Comes!;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.