This is an analysis of the poem The Daisy that begins with:
An angel found a daisy where it lay
On Heaven's highroad of transparent gold,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcX ddeeccbX cX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,8,2,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1101010101 1101000101 1100111111 1111001111 1101110111 0111011101 11010111001 1101110101 1101110101 1101110101 1111011101 0001111101 1101011101 1101000101 1111111111 1101111101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 244
- Average number of words per stanza: 47
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; ' is repeated.
The poet repeated the same word ' at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Daisy;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.