This is an analysis of the poem Histories that begins with:
I weary of the histories of men-
The garnered store of books in grim array;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcd eaea fgfg haha XiXi
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1100010001 0101010101 1101010111 1001010101 1100010111 0101110101 1100010101 01010010111 11110111001 11011100100 1011010101 0101111101 1101001101 1111110111 11010100101 01011110011 1100011111 1101111111 1111000101 1111011101 1001010101 1001000101 0100011101 1101010101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 173
- Average number of words per stanza: 33
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, kings, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
The author used the same word i at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Histories;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.