This is an analysis of the poem A Song Of Poppies that begins with:
I love red poppies! Imperial red poppies!
Sun-worshippers are they;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab acXc adXd aeXe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111100100110 110011 10111101010 111101 111100101010 101101 11110111010 010101 111101101010 101111 0101110101 010101 111101101110 100111 10010111110 111101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 146
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Song Of Poppies;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.