This is an analysis of the poem Hindusthan Our Motherland that begins with:
Hindusthan, our very own Motherland!
To us Hindus she is everything,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXX baba XbXb aXXX X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,4,4,4,1,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1001101101 011110101 1111101 0100110 1010111000001 010111110 01011110001 100101101 101010110 1101001001 01001001110 10111011 101101 110010100 11010011 0101100010
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 109
- Average number of words per stanza: 20
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; our, she are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words a, she are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Hindusthan Our Motherland;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Vinayak Damodar Savarkar
- Analysis of Alas! Our Country Is Doomed To Hell!
- Analysis of To Mother India
- Analysis of Hail To You!