This is an analysis of the poem Solsvedet that begins with:
Det var i Aftes,
du kom mig saa lykkelig imod,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXaXXa XbXXXX XXbXXX XXXXXX XXbXXb XXXXXX XXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110 011110010 11111 1010111010 110101 11011 111 1011011 111111 1111111011111 1111 111111 1111 11110111011 111111 0111111111 11101 111111 10110 1011111 1011 11101011101 111101 11101 0111 1111111 111 111111110 1111 111011 1101 110111111 11111 111110010 111111 101001 1111 111011011 1111 111110111010 11101 101111
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 164
- Average number of words per stanza: 36
- Amount of lines: 42
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; saa, og, d are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word at is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Solsvedet;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.