This is an analysis of the poem Men Det Var Her I Salen that begins with:
Men det var her i Salen,
og her har du boet,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXXX XaaX XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110110 10101 101110 10101 111101 11011 111110 11111 10111 11110 1101010 110100 10101 11101 1011110 1111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 97
- Average number of words per stanza: 20
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 24 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; og is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word og is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Men Det Var Her I Salen;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.