This is an analysis of the poem Haven that begins with:
Min Dør staar aaben. Det er imod Morgen.
Den fører saa besynderlig en Tale...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXXXa X XbXXXcXXcX XXXXXXbXdd XXXXXX XX X cX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,1,10,10,6,2,1,2,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110110101010 111100011 1111011 111111100 110111111 111110111 101100111 011011100 11101011 101111111 110110101 1111011111 111101011 1111000101 0101111110 1101110001 111001110 11101011 11101011 11110111 110111100 110111111 110101011 110111001 111100111 110111111 1111111 111110110 101101111 1101110100 11101110 110111101 11110101010 1101011101 11111011 1011 110101 110001100
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 173
- Average number of words per stanza: 35
- Amount of lines: 38
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; saa, og, atter, nu are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words den, og, nu are repeated.
The author used the same word nu at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Haven;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.