This is an analysis of the poem Aftensol that begins with:
Læg dit Hoved i mit Skød, -
nu gaar Solen ned!...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXX XaXX XbXb XaXa XXXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111011111 11101 11110101 11100 111011111 1111 101110 111111 1110111 11101 1110101 10111 1111100 111111 1100111 1111111 111101 11101 1110101 1111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 103
- Average number of words per stanza: 21
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; og is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word som is repeated.
The author used the same word l at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Aftensol;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.