This is an analysis of the poem Trumpets Of The Mind that begins with:
Sound, sound forever, clarions of thought!
When Joshua 'gainst the high-walled city fought,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbXccc XdeeffggaahhbbaaddXXccdXd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,25,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 110101001 11001011101 1101000101 01010101001 1101111110 1001001111 1011110001 1101011100 1101111011 1011010101 1101010101 1101010101 1101011101 0101011101 1011100101 100101010101 11001000111 1101010111 1111110001 1011010111 1011110011 11010010001 10110101011 1111010101 1111010101 0101000101 1101010111 1111011111 0101010001 110100011001 1101011101 10101010111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 486
- Average number of words per stanza: 86
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, so are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines ' is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Trumpets Of The Mind;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.