This is an analysis of the poem Man and Woman that begins with:
Man is the highest of creatures.
The woman is the most sublime of ideals....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaXXbXXXbaXcccdeeeffdXbgbXeagbXdfaffffaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 40,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10010010 01000101001 1111011010110 0101010100 1001 0101 01010010101001 1011100 0101110 0100010011 010010110 10100011010 1001100 10100101000100 110100 010100 01000110101100 010010 010110 1000101001000100 010100100110 0101001000110 0101101110110101 1001 01010 010101010 11 11 0100101000110010101010 10110 010001 01010010101100100 1001010 10010011 10010111001001 010010 010001010 01010101001110101010 0101011011 01011001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1417
- Average number of words per stanza: 246
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines martyrdom, preference, tabernacle are repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Man and Woman;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.