This is an analysis of the poem After The Battle that begins with:
MY father, hero of benignant mien,
On horseback visited the gory scene,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccccddcceeXXddeecc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 22,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 1101001001 1111000101 1001010101 1101010111 0101001101 0111000111 11010100101 1011010101 0101000101 1101010111 1011010111 1101010111 11011001001 0101100101 1111111111 11010101000 10101010101 1001011101 1001010101 0111010101 1101000101 11010101101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 971
- Average number of words per stanza: 176
- Amount of lines: 22
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of After The Battle;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.