This is an analysis of the poem A Des Âmes Envolées that begins with:
Ces âmes que tu rappelles,
Mon coeur, ne reviennent pas....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXX XXXX Xbab XXXX XXXX XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111100 11111001 10110010 11011 111100 1101110 11011100 10011110 110011100 110111 11111 10111 1011010 1101110 1101100 1111101 110111 1010100 10101110 110111 1110111 111011 1101101 1110110
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 114
- Average number of words per stanza: 21
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; les is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words dans, comme, nous, on are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Des Âmes Envolées;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.