This is an analysis of the poem Mother Doorstep that begins with:
Unto the Person kind there came
A young girl bearing her fruit of shame:... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabb ccXX ddXe XXff ggXX hhXe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10010111 011100101 111010101 10010101 10010101 100101001 11110110 11010111 11010101 100111101 11100111 100110101 100101001 10011111 100100111 101110101 100001101 101000111 100101011 11010101 111110101 110110111 110111100 110111111
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 145
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Mother Doorstep;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.