This is an analysis of the poem Cares that begins with:
HAVING certain cares to drown,
To the sea I took them down: ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabb cc dd ee XX aa cc aa aa ee aa XX ff
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010101 0011101 1110001 1010101 1011101 0011001 1011111 1011111 1010101 1011111 0010110 0011101 1010101 1111101 1111011 1110001 1010111 0010101 1011101 1111101 1110111 1111111 1011111 1111101 0010101 0111110 1111101 1010111
- Amount of stanzas: 13
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 66
- Average number of words per stanza: 14
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; them, that are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Cares;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.