This is an analysis of the poem Sonho Póstumo that begins with:
Poupem-me, quando morto, à sepultura: odeio
A cova, escura e fria....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXa XXXX XbXb XXXX XaXa XXXX XXXX XaXa XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1011010100010 01010011 1101100100011 1111010 11101011010101 1101000 1011011001101100 100010110 1011110101010 100001 01000101101101010 110101 010101110001100 101100 10001101000100 101010 101000011110 010010 1110100100110 10001010 110111101001000 101100 100111111010 0101100 1111001110010 11100100 111100110100 101100110 1001000100101010 10001010 110111001101011 1101110 010001110011 11110100 10001111011001 11101100
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 130
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; de, um, e, tudo are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word e is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sonho Póstumo;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.