This is an analysis of the poem Folhas Soltas:Vi-Tu, Moça; Eu, Quase Velho that begins with:
Tu moça, eu quase velho... Entre nós dois, que horror,
Vinte anos de distância. Entre nós dois, mais nada....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111101011110 1100101011110 111001111010010 1011111001010 11101101010011
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 243
- Average number of words per stanza: 52
- Amount of lines: 5
- Average number of symbols per line: 48 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 10
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Folhas Soltas:Vi-Tu, Moça; Eu, Quase Velho;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Vicente de Carvalho
- Analysis of Fugindo Ao Cativeiro
- Analysis of No Mar Largo
- Analysis of Fragmentos Da 'Arte De Amar':Iii-Nem Mesmo Com Uma Flor