This is an analysis of the poem Race that begins with:
Some bite from the others
A leg an arm or whatever ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ab cXc XXc XbX X aaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,3,3,3,1,3,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 110010 01111110 100111 1111111 100101 01010101 1111 11011 011101111 111110 01101 0101010101 111111 111111 11110101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 67
- Average number of words per stanza: 14
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Race;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Vasko Popa
- Analysis of The Prisoners Of The Little Box
- Analysis of The Owners Of The Little Box
- Analysis of The Judges Of The Little Box