This is an analysis of the poem Woman's Truth Vindicated that begins with:
Slow the red flames rolled asunder, God of Fire incarnate came,
Holding in his radiant bosom fair Videha's sinless dame,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aa bb cc aa dd ee cX ff gg bb hh ii aX jj
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 1011101010100101 1000100101100101 101010101010101 101000100010101 1001111010100101 101010101010101 1000010101011101 1010100101010101 101111100011101 001100101011101 101110100010111 101011101010101 101011101110111 101001101110111 1010110010100101 101010101110101 100011100010101 1110101010111001 111010101010101 10101001000111001 100011101010101 101001011001101001 100011101010101 111010100010101 001110101110011 1011100111101010 001001101000101 101010100010101
- Amount of stanzas: 14
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 122
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 60 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 11
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; not, her, and, in, i, his are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word not is repeated.
The author used the same word ravan at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Woman's Truth Vindicated;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.