This is an analysis of the poem Kumbha-Karna's Determination that begins with:
Ravan's brother Kumbha-karna, from his wonted slumber woke,
Mightiest he of all the Rakshas, thus in solemn accents spoke:...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aa bb cc XX dd cc cc ee ff gg hh dX ee dX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101010100010101 1001010101010101 101011001110101 1011111010101001 110010101011101 100010101010101 1010101010111010 10111010100001010 101011100110101 111111101110101 1010101010010111 111010101011101 101110101000101 101110101010101 101010100010101 111011101110101 101010110111011 101011101010111 110010101100101 1011101010001001 101011101111101 1110101011111001 101010101110101 111100101010111 101110101110111 100011111110101 110110101110101 1110101010100110
- Amount of stanzas: 14
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 125
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 62 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 11
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, and, his, thy are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word vain is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Kumbha-Karna's Determination;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.