This is an analysis of the poem Rock-Crystal that begins with:
Routine-galled, dulled, by many years cumbered,
slipping halter holiday-wise,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaX baXca aXXa dbed dcX ddeeff ffXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,5,4,4,3,6,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 011011100100 10101011 0100011 1111011110 01110110 111011110 01100110 01010101 011101101 1110011100 1010110110010 110010011100 01100101010 110101011 101011010 0001011010 1111011000101 101001010 10010 0100110101000 010100100100 101001010 1101011010 10111010010 111111010 110101011001 11010011011 100110101000 1111011111
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 166
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 29
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; from, to, in are repeated.
The author used the same word to at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Rock-Crystal;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.