This is an analysis of the poem To The Night that begins with:
Maybe because you always have appeared
The image of that fatal rest to me, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcbc dada XbXbee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,4,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 1001111101 0100110101 111101111 0101010101 1101010101 1001011110 1101010001 11010101010 0101001111 11011101010 0001010101 11010101010 1001110111 11011111001 01110101010
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 206
- Average number of words per stanza: 38
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To The Night;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.