This is an analysis of the poem Autumn Breeze that begins with:
The world is paved with light,
Like a church with smoke and resin....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcXXdedfcaefbbXXccgXgac
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 24,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 010101 10101110 11001 1001010 1110100 1111001 10111 011110100 1101110 11101010 001 1011001 1110 11010 0011010 0001 1101001 1101 001010010 0011110101 1101001 101010101 111010001 0001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 686
- Average number of words per stanza: 123
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; with is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word from is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Autumn Breeze;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.