This is an analysis of the poem Vegetable Swallow that begins with:
two smiles meet towards
the child-wheel of my zeal...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXaa XXXX Xaaa Xaaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11101 011011 01010010 110100101 01011110 11100100 011101000 1010010100 000111 101011 10101010 11010001 1011001001 1010010001 11011 01001010
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 125
- Average number of words per stanza: 22
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Vegetable Swallow;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Tristan Tzara
- Analysis of To Make A Dadist Poem
- Analysis of The Great Lament Of My Obscurity Three
- Analysis of Cinema Calendar Of The Abstract Heart - 09