This is an analysis of the poem La Pipe Au Poète that begins with:
Je suis la Pipe d’un poète,
Sa nourrice, et : j’endors sa Bête....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aX XaXX XXa XXX XXa XaaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,4,3,3,3,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111111 11011011 111010 10111011 1111101110 111111100 1110111110 11011010 11101111 1111011 111111 111111011 111001 1111011 11111111 11111011 111101 1111011 101111011
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 94
- Average number of words per stanza: 19
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; il, est, e are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines te is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of La Pipe Au Poète;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.