This is an analysis of the poem Hidalgo! that begins with:
Ils sont fiers ceux-là !… comme poux sur la gale !
C’est à la don-juan qu’ils vous font votre malle....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaXXXX XX XXXXaXaaXb XbXcXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,2,10,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111111111 111111111 1111011111001 1001011000 10110010111 110011110101 11101011010 01111110100 11100110110 001100111110 101111111010 111010011010 110100101101 11110110110 111010111100 1111111011 11111111010 11101101111 1111011110 10111010100 11111110111 1110111101 101011111 1111011001
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 289
- Average number of words per stanza: 52
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 47 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; ils, un, le, au are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Hidalgo!;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.