This is an analysis of the poem Féminin Singulier that begins with:
Éternel Féminin de l’éternel Jocrisse !
Fais-nous sauter, pantins nous payons les décors !...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX aXaX XXX XaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,3,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 101001010 110101011011 11011111110 111110011011 110111010101 1011011111 11111110101 11111101010 1111101111111 1110111111 10110110100 1110110101 110101111101 1010110100
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 172
- Average number of words per stanza: 32
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 48 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; nous, tes, et are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Féminin Singulier;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.