This is an analysis of the poem My Vocation that begins with:
A waif on this earth,
Sick, ugly and small, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdeDE fgfgdeDE bdbddeDE XcfcfdedE
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,8,8,9,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01101 11011 100011 101011 0111 111111 11001 111001 11101 11101 101011 111001 01011 111111 101011 111001 11101 11101 11001 1101011 11101 111011 110001 111001 11101 11101 101011 110111 11101 101001 101011 111101 11101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 212
- Average number of words per stanza: 40
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 23 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of My Vocation;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.