This is an analysis of the poem O You, Far Colder, Whiter that begins with:
O you, far colder, whiter
Than she who makes less fair...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaabXXXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111010 111111 010101 01010101 11011111 1110101 111101001 1101011101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 262
- Average number of words per stanza: 50
- Amount of lines: 8
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of O You, Far Colder, Whiter;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Torquato Tasso
- Analysis of Once We Were Happy
- Analysis of Jerusalem Delivered - Book 04 - Part 05
- Analysis of Jerusalem Delivered - Book 04 - Part 06