This is an analysis of the poem Note to Reality that begins with:
Without even knowing it, I have
believed in you for a long time....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xa Xb Xc dXdX ec XX a b cX fX dX d bXXfe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,2,2,4,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,1,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 011010011 01011011 111111100101 1111101010110 1011011001111010 0101 1110011001110001 1101010101 1110010110 00010101101010 111110100110 0110111011 11010001 01010101 01011111010 11110010010100100101010 111010100111 1110100111 111111111010101 110011 1011010011 110101010100 011101011010111 00110101100 110100 101011 10101010110
- Amount of stanzas: 14
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 113
- Average number of words per stanza: 15
- Amount of lines: 27
- Average number of symbols per line: 58 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
The author used the same words i, the at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Note to Reality;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.