This is an analysis of the poem Long Distance Ii that begins with:
Though my mother was already two years dead
Dad kept her slippers warming by the gas,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcd efef gddg X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,1,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 11101010101 1101010101 11101001001 1110010011 1101101101 11111100111 0101011101 1101110101 1101110101 1111011101 1001011101 1111110101 10111011101 1101110101 01111011111 10101010111 010110010
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 148
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; her, to, you are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Long Distance Ii;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.