This is an analysis of the poem Goalie that begins with:
The lightening limbs of goalie Knight
Thrust left. strike right; they block the sight...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaXa Xbab ccXcXcc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,7,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 010010101 11111101 0101001010 11011111 110101110 100101110 10010111 110101010 1001010110 0100111010 01010001 110101010 110110010 0101011110
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 132
- Average number of words per stanza: 22
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Goalie;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.