This is an analysis of the poem Victor Hugo that begins with:
Mostras na fonte os estragos
Dos raios que a sorte tem; ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,10,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10111100 111011 1101110 111101 1010110 10011100 110010 11111100 1100100 1000011 1100101100 1110111 1001010110 1011101 1001010 110100 1011001 10110110 110100 110100
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 268
- Average number of words per stanza: 52
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Victor Hugo;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Tobias Barreto
- Analysis of Padre J A De Faro Leitão
- Analysis of Ao Promotor Leandro Borges
- Analysis of Por Que Volto?