This is an analysis of the poem Immigrant's Song that begins with:
Let us not speak of those days
when coffee beans filled the morning ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXaXbcaaadefdfXafaaaeaafbgbXhbhacegggaiiXff
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 44,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111011 11011010 011110100 11111101 1111001101 11010111 10101111 01011011 1110101101 11110011 111101 1001111 111101101 11101001101 001011010111 011110111 0111011 11111 011111010 01110 111100010 0110100 1111111 1110001101 0010001 10001101 1111111010 001111001 01101010 1110 11010111 111010100 00110101 011101101 111110001 101011010 1111010 101100010 101010001 101111 00010111 1111111 111101 010100101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1572
- Average number of words per stanza: 296
- Amount of lines: 44
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, us, let, and, that are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words let, that are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Immigrant's Song;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.