This is an analysis of the poem Song Ii that begins with:
When thy Beauty appears
In its Graces and Airs,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aababccdcdeXfef
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 15,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 111001 001011 11111011001 11011111111 11011011 11011 111101 11110101101 101011101011 111101001 101011 011110 11111011111 111001011001 11001001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 538
- Average number of words per stanza: 106
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Song Ii;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.