This is an analysis of the poem The Chrism Of Kings that begins with:
IN the morn of the world, at the day break of time,
When kingdoms were few and empires unknown,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabaXaba Xcdcdede
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 001001101101 11001110001 11101001001 110010001111 11011011001 101011111101 11011011001 10100100101 110011010010 11011101001 11101001011 1100101011001 101101101001 11101101111 1100010101001 1110101101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 403
- Average number of words per stanza: 76
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 50 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 10
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, of, his are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Chrism Of Kings;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.