This is an analysis of the poem Whene'Er I See Those Smiling Eyes that begins with:
Whene'er I see those smiling eyes,
So full of hope, and joy, and light, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcd XeXeafaf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 100111101 11011111 10111101 010101101 11011111 011101001 11111101 11010111 11010101 01010101 111110001 01110101 11111101 110101001 11111101 11011101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 297
- Average number of words per stanza: 55
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Whene'Er I See Those Smiling Eyes;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.