This is an analysis of the poem The Parallel that begins with:
Yes, sad one of Sion, if closely resembling,
In shame and in sorrow, thy wither'd-up heart -- ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXb cccX adad Xece fbfb ghgh ibib
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111010100100 01101011011 01011001100100 11111011011 111110110110 11001001101 0010011010110 1100011011110 111011110010 11001001001 111010010110 01001111001 1111101111000 01011001011 1010010110110 11111101101 111110111010 11111101011 10101110100110 11011101011 1111110011010 11101001011 1011110110110 01001101001 1011011010110 01001001001 1010111011010 01001011001
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 213
- Average number of words per stanza: 38
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 53 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 10
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, her, and are repeated.
The author used the same words like, when at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Parallel;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.