This is an analysis of the poem Song Of The Evil Spirit Of The Woods that begins with:
Now the vapor, hot and damp,
Shed by day's expiring lamp,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbcc ddeeff ffggaaXghhii jjkkjjddllmmhhggbbee llnnddjjddbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,12,20,12,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010111 1110101 1010101 10010111 10010101 10101001 11101001 1110101 1010101 1111101 1011101 11101001 10101101 10001111 1011101 1011101 1010101 1000101 10101001 101001001 1010101 1010101 0010111 1011101 10111110 11111110 10100101 1110101 1001010010 10101110 10101110 10111110 1110101 1010101 1110101 1100111 10111001 0011111 11001001 10011110 101001001 10100111 1000101 0010101 1111101 10011111 10101001 1000101 11100101 1011101 10111110 11101010 001111100 001110100 10101010 10101010
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 369
- Average number of words per stanza: 66
- Amount of lines: 56
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; let is repeated.
The author used the same word hither at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Song Of The Evil Spirit Of The Woods;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.