This is an analysis of the poem She Sung Of Love that begins with:
She sung of Love, while o'er her lyre
The rosy rays of evening fell, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXabcbc dedefgfg hhhhgXgX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110111001 01010101 100101110 010111001 011111001 11011111 111101111 01111101 11011101 110101001 11010111 01011101 100111001 01011111 100100101 10010101 11011101 11111111 10011111 01010011 111010011 11010101 11111101 111111100
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 306
- Average number of words per stanza: 56
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of She Sung Of Love;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Thomas Moore
- Analysis of Oh! Think Not My Spirits Are Always As Light
- Analysis of Oh! Arranmore, Loved Arranmore
- Analysis of Quantum Est Quod Desit