This is an analysis of the poem Oh! Blame Not The Bard that begins with:
Oh! blame not the bard, if he fly to the bowers
Where Pleasure lies, carelessly smiling at Fame; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababXcXc dededada bfbfgege dadaahah
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111010110010 11011001011 1111111010010 01111001001 011110011001 11101100101 1011111010010 111011001001 101101001011 111001011011 1001001001011 111001011001 100101111001 101011011111 101111011001 1010011110010 111010010011 111001111011 11101101011 101001011111 11001101111 10010011001001 101011001001 101010011001 111001111101 1111011001 1100010101011 011001001111 01011101101 010111011001 111001111011 11101011011
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 420
- Average number of words per stanza: 77
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 52 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 10
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; her, his, thy are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Oh! Blame Not The Bard;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.