This is an analysis of the poem At The End that begins with:
The songs that I sing
Should have told you an Easter story...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab XcXc dede
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01111 111111010 001101 0011011010 0011110 110010010 111110 111110010 101000 110010110 001011 011010110
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 129
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; its, of, our are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of At The End;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.