This is an analysis of the poem Dend Xiv. Sang that begins with:
Sorrig og Glæde de vandre tilhaabe,
Lykke, Ulykke de ganger paa Rad,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXaXXa XXXXXXX XXXbccX dXXXXXX XcXXXaa XXdXdXd XeXeXXX XXXXbbX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,7,7,7,7,7,7,7,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10110110 11001011 1011011010 10110111 1001 011 100111001 1011011011 101111001 10101101 1001011001 1001 011 101111011 111110001 11111011 111101001 111011001 111 1101 101111001 111011001 11101101 1101111001 101111110 111 1010 100100111 10101101 1010111 1011011011 11111101 111 1011 101110001 111111101 111011011 101001111 1011111110 1010 1001 101110001 10111101 11111101 10110111 101101100 1011 1011 10111110 111111111 1011111011 11010111 111101011 101 1011 101110001
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 223
- Average number of words per stanza: 40
- Amount of lines: 56
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; og, de, skal, min are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words alle, lad are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines e is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Dend Xiv. Sang;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.