This is an analysis of the poem The Sea Of Death that begins with:
——Methought I saw
Life swiftly treading over endless space; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaabbXXccddeeffXXaaaaggaXgghhhhdggiiaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 38,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 1011 1101010101 1101110111 0101100101 1001100101 1011110100 10110011001 10011010101 1011001101 10101110101 1101001101 1101110101 1001001101 11001110101 11010111001 1100010101 1110011110 1001010101 1110011101 1001100101 1101001100 11110100011 01101111101 0101001101 1101011101 0111001111 0101011101 0101010101 1111010011 1011110011 1101000101 1010010101 1111000101 1001000101 1101010101 0101011001 1111010101 0011000101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1645
- Average number of words per stanza: 281
- Amount of lines: 38
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, of are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Sea Of Death;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Thomas Hood
- Analysis of Lines On Seeing My Wife And Two Children Sleeping In The Same Chamber
- Analysis of The Lament Of Toby, The Learned Pig
- Analysis of Ode On A Distant Prospect Of Clapham Academy