This is an analysis of the poem She's Up And Gone, The Graceless Girl that begins with:
She's up and gone, the graceless girl,
And robb'd my failing years! ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcbXcdcXaXabcdceececaea
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 24,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110101 111100 11011111 111101 11110111 110111 11110101 111101 11010101 110101 11010101 110101 11011101 111101 11110101 110111 110010110 110111 01111101 011101 11110101 110101 01010101 010100
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 763
- Average number of words per stanza: 145
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word her is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of She's Up And Gone, The Graceless Girl;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.