This is an analysis of the poem The Subalterns that begins with:
"Poor wanderer," said the leaden sky,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a aaaX X bXbX X XXXX X aXaX a cXcX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,4,1,4,1,4,1,4,1,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1 10100010101 1011101 11110111 1101110 1 10111111001 0110111 01110111 1111110 1 1010101110 1101011 11110111 11110100 1 1010101111 1001001 11110001 11110100 1 11011101 110111 01110111 1111000
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 72
- Average number of words per stanza: 13
- Amount of lines: 25
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, i are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Subalterns;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.