This is an analysis of the poem The Roman Road that begins with:
The Roman Road runs straight and bare
As the pale parting-line in hair ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabba aabCXaabbaC
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,11,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 01011111 10110101 01011101 10010111 11110101 10010101 1001011101 01011101 0101 1111100101 10111001 01010111 10110111 11110101 0101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 163
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
The poet repeated the same word road at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Roman Road;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.