This is an analysis of the poem The House Of Hospitalities that begins with:
Here we broached the Christmas barrel,
Pushed up the charred log-ends;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcd Xeae XXXX dfdf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11101010 110111 11101010 1101 111011111 1011101 1010111 1111 1011101 110101 1101010 1111 11101010 1011110 11101110 1101 11110110 1011111 11101110 1111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 120
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The House Of Hospitalities;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.