This is an analysis of the poem The Death Of Regret that begins with:
I opened my shutter at sunrise,
And looked at the hill hard by,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xaba XcXc dbeb eaaX ecdc efef
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110110111 1110111 1110011011 1101101 110011010 11101011 1111110011 1101101 101010011 11011011 011101010 1010101 01000100110 11011101 1110111111 0011101 110111010 0011101 110110010 101011001 111011110 10101101 1011011110 1110101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 135
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 29
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
The author used the same word i at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Death Of Regret;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.